Barley Malt Powder is an ingredient used in a MEA nutrient plate recipe.
- Add 7-10g of malt powder to 500ml of hot water
- Add 11g of Agar Agar powder
- This recipe will be sufficient to pour 40 65mm petri dishes
- Mix all the ingredients very well and until there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into a Glass Beaker and cover with Heavy Duty Foil and wrap tight (the foil is a splash cover).
- Place the Glass Beaker in a Pressure Cooker and get it to operating temperature and pressure.
- From this point, cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove Glass Beaker from the Pressure Cooker and wait for the temperature of the mixture to drop to 50°C.
- Pour into the Petri Dishes